As you read this, our staff is together for the first time since the coronavirus forced us apart in March. We’ve stayed connected via phone and video calls and smaller gatherings. But today marks the first time we can all be in the same place for our monthly staff meeting – outdoors and in a socially distanced way. We will be taking special time to praise God for His goodness and provision during this pandemic. While it’s been a challenging season, we are grateful for so much from these past 90 days:
- Our pregnancy care services remained uninterrupted throughout this time. In averaging at least an ultrasound a day these last 12 weeks, the lives of many babies have been saved, and so many women and men have been spared the pain of abortion.
- Our parenting program shifted client meetings with coaches to video and phone calls and saw a larger number of moms and dads attend their appointments. Plus, parents continued to pick up the items they earned and needed.
- We paused our post-abortion healing groups, but now that small groups can be together again, we have enough women desiring healing through our Bridges of Hope program that we’ve begun not just one, but TWO groups.
- While we couldn’t be with students in schools, our Education for a Lifetime team continued serving as a mental health and sexual risk avoidance resource to the community through video calls, video presentations and a TV news segment on KRDO.
- After being closed for six weeks due to the pandemic, our Family Thrift Store reopened April 29 – and the generous item donations from our community picked right up where they left off. Moreover, after a slow start, last week our in-store sales were the highest they’ve ever been.
Perhaps sweetest of all, because we could keep our pregnancy center door open, spiritual conversations and sharing the Gospel with our clients continued. Last Tuesday, a woman accepted Christ at our Westside location – one of 10 to do so since the pandemic “lock downs” began March 12th!
It’s your generosity that’s making this life-changing impact possible! Whether you give as you are able … support our life-giving work monthly through Partners for Life … participated in our campaign to help keep our services going when the virus first hit … or most recently joined us for our annual Walk for Life … it is your support that’s ensured this impact could continue, even during the height of this pandemic.
One more word about this year’s Walk for Life. While we couldn’t all be together, we loved seeing pictures and videos and hearing stories of people doing their walks throughout the city. And I am excited to share that with additional donations that came in since Walk Day, we have officially met our $400,000 goal! Praise God … and thanks to those who participated as walkers, supporters or both.
Thank you for being a friend to what we do to value the lives of the moms, dads and families we serve every day!