Volunteer at Life Network
We truly could not accomplish what we do without our Life Network volunteers. Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering.
Currently, our primary volunteer need is for our Family Thrift Store, which will be open this summer! Please review the “Thrift Store Volunteer” description on this page to learn more about the many volunteer opportunities for the Thrift Store.
There is currently a waitlist for volunteer opportunities within our pregnancy centers; however, please feel free to review the descriptions of these opportunities below and fill out an application. When the time comes that we need further volunteers in these roles, you may be contacted.
There are many ways to get involved, we have listed the opportunities below. We completely train and prepare each volunteer for their roles within the ministry. We will gladly help you determine which role is the best fit for your time and talents.
Contact Brenda (719.355.1177 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to inquire about training or with any questions. We look forward to talking with you!
To apply, please review the opportunities in the tab below, and fill out the following two forms:
- Fill out the Volunteer Application » OR the Thrift Store Volunteer Application
- Download the Reference form: Send this reference form to three references (one pastoral and two personal). You can include this link in an email to your references so they can download the reference form, or you can click on the link, print the form and send a physical copy to your references. Have your references email completed forms to us at email@example.com. They can also print the form and fax it to (719) 573-7960 or mail it to Life Network at 3700 Galley Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80909.
I love coming in each week and serving with people who genuinely love and care for the women in our community.
It is a joy to be the smiling face a woman needs in a time of uncertainty. Life Network allows me to be in the right place at the right time for women like me who have experienced an unplanned pregnancy.
The staff and other volunteers are so amazing to work with and it is such a gift to be able to share truth and love with clients who come in.
It is an honor to be able to serve with Life Network!
Our Christian mission shares the light and love of Christ through helping young moms with an unexpected pregnancy get help and support from a very caring staff.
This is a very organized and wonderful organization!
I love working alongside the other volunteers and staff who love and care so much for the community and for their coworkers.
Volunteering here has been one of the best choices I've ever made.
It is a privilege to be a volunteer in an environment that values every person for who and where they are in life's journey.
Thrift Store Volunteers
We are asking volunteers to make a 90-day commitment to support the work of the Thrift Store. The exception to this would be for special assignments, such as particular carpentry needs.
Carpenters: volunteers with carpentry skills will be needed to build work tables, organizational compartments, storage shelves and more to help us set up our store’s processing space for donations. This will be a temporary volunteer assignment, with the opportunity to move into other store duties if interested.
Customer Service Representatives: this role involves helping with the day-to-day operation of the Family Thrift Store. Duties will include greeting customers, providing assistance, ringing sales and thanking customers, as well as keeping the store organized and neat. This is a great role for outgoing volunteers interested in serving as an ambassador for Life Network to the public.
Donation Receivers: this role will include receiving and organizing donations from supporters and members of the public during specified drop-off hours Monday through Saturday. Volunteers will at times need to diplomatically turn down donations when they are not appropriate or acceptable for our store. This is also a great role for volunteers eager to represent Life Network to the public.
Donation Processors: volunteers will be tasked with sorting through donated items to determine if they meet store standards for sale, and subsequently sorting, pricing, tagging and hanging accepted items in preparation to take to the sales floor.
Merchandise Stockers: this volunteer team will go after donation processors to prepare accepted donations to be displayed in the store, through sorting items by department, organizing, sizing and making it easy for customers to browse and purchase merchandise.
Merchandise Display/Visual: this role is great for creative or visually-driven volunteers! This role involves dressing mannequin forms for display, helping with window displays, and generally providing a boutique feel to display merchandise to customers in a visually appealing manner.
Drivers: volunteers in this role will be driving a panel truck to pick up and occasionally deliver donations from churches and other sources as we stock the Family Thrift Store.
For further information each of these positions, please contact Don Sheely at DSheely@elifenetwork.com. We will be sharing more on the location and opening of the Family Thrift Store soon!
Pregnancy Center Client Advocate
Requirements: application, interview, initial volunteer training (14 hours), on-site training (self-paced), and a commitment to volunteer 2 – 4 times a month (4 hour day shifts or 2 hour evening shifts), or by special arrangement.
Pregnancy Center Locations:
- 3700 Galley Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80909
- 3925 N Centennial Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Requirements: application, interview, initial volunteer training (14 hours), in-house training (self-paced), and a commitment to volunteer four times a month, or by special arrangement. Those interested in volunteering in LifeSteps must have experience as a mother or father.
LifeSteps Baby Boutique/ Maternity Closet Volunteer
Requirements: application, interview, initial volunteer training (14 hours) recommended but not required, a regular time commitment of once a week is preferred.
Pregnancy Center Receptionist
Requirements: application, interview, initial volunteer training (14 hours) recommended but not required, on-site training, and a commitment to volunteer 2 to 4 times a month (4 hour day shifts most needed).
Pregnancy Center Medical Volunteer (RN’s, LPN’s, MA’s, Sonographers and Physicians)
- RN’s, LPN’s, PA’s – Perform pregnancy tests, do lay counseling with clients, facilitate medical referrals, answer related medical questions, facilitate follow-up on positive test clients, assist doctors and sonographers with ultrasound procedures, and provide medical support to callers. Requirements: current medical license, application, interview, initial volunteer training (14 hours), on-site training (self-paced), and a commitment of at least two shifts per month.
- Sonographers and Physicians – Perform ultrasounds and provide medical support to clients. Requirements: current license, application, interview, in-service orientation, and a commitment of at least one shift per month.
Facilitator for Bridges of Hope Post-Abortion Recovery Group
Requirements: application, interview, initial volunteer training (14 hours), participation/observation during one 9 week session, and attendance at occasional facilitators’ trainings.
Special Event Volunteer
Requirements: application, interview, and training (offered by the Events team) for the specific event where you choose to volunteer.
Requirements: brief ministry orientation, application, interview, and a commitment to two flexible shifts per month. Computer skills are helpful but not required.
Speaker for Education for a Lifetime
Requirements: application, interview, EFL speaker training and public speaking or teaching experience.
Requirements: Intercessors can commit to participate in the following ways: 1) pray on-site at Life Network one day a week with other intercessors, or 2) pray offsite daily for Life Network with the monthly prayer calendar or 3) Sign up to receive our weekly prayer requests. (Only our on-site intercessors require an application and an informal orientation/interview.)
Will I be trained before I start to volunteer?
Yes, training is important to us! Five times each year we offer a two-day volunteer training. Following that training there is additional in-house training specific to your volunteer position.
What qualifications do I need to volunteer?
- Both men and women of all ages volunteer at Life Network.
- Volunteers must be at least 21 years old to be in direct contact with clients.
- Our LifeSteps parenting program requires a minimum of two years parenting experience.
- Our Education for a Lifetime outreach is seeking EFL presenters willing to commit a minimum of 20 volunteer hours per semester. In addition, EFL needs medical professionals willing to offer their time to teach the medical piece of the PURSUE curriculum in local schools.
- In addition to having a heart to serve Life Network clients, every volunteer must pass a background check, agree to confidentiality and sign our Statement of Faith.
What are the volunteer opportunities at Life Network?
There are many ways to get involved, please see the “Opportunities” tab for further descriptions.
How do I sign up to volunteer?
Please complete the volunteer application online (all tabs of the application must be submitted separately.) Once references are received, you will be contacted to set up an interview at Life Network.
What is the time commitment?
We will work with you to determine the best fit with your schedule and our needs as a ministry. There are opportunities weekdays, weeknights and Saturday mornings.
Do you have opportunities for groups?
Yes! Most groups who volunteer at Life Network help in our administrative department or with our special events in June and October. Please contact us for more information.