Volunteer at Life Network
We truly could not accomplish what we do without our Life Network volunteers. Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering!
Currently, our primary volunteer needs are for Client Advocates in our pregnancy center … men to serve as coaches for our fatherhood proram … and for roles in our new Family Thrift Store, which opened in October.
There may be a waitlist for other volunteer opportunities; however, please feel free to review the descriptions of these opportunities below and fill out an application. When the time comes that we need further volunteers in these roles, you will be contacted.
There are many ways to get involved, we have listed the opportunities below. We completely train and prepare each volunteer for their roles within the ministry. We will gladly help you determine which role is the best fit for your time and talents.
Contact Brenda (719.355.1177 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to inquire about training or with any questions. We look forward to talking with you!
To apply, please review the opportunities in the tab below, and fill out the following two forms:
- Fill out the Volunteer Application » OR the Thrift Store Volunteer Application
- Download the Reference form: Send this reference form to three references (one pastoral and two personal). You can include this link in an email to your references so they can download the reference form, or you can click on the link, print the form and send a physical copy to your references. Have your references email completed forms to us at email@example.com. They can also print the form and fax it to (719) 573-7960 or mail it to Life Network at 3700 Galley Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80909.
I love coming in each week and serving with people who genuinely love and care for the women in our community.
It is a joy to be the smiling face a woman needs in a time of uncertainty. Life Network allows me to be in the right place at the right time for women like me who have experienced an unplanned pregnancy.
The staff and other volunteers are so amazing to work with and it is such a gift to be able to share truth and love with clients who come in.
It is an honor to be able to serve with Life Network!
Our Christian mission shares the light and love of Christ through helping young moms with an unexpected pregnancy get help and support from a very caring staff.
This is a very organized and wonderful organization!
I love working alongside the other volunteers and staff who love and care so much for the community and for their coworkers.
Volunteering here has been one of the best choices I've ever made.
It is a privilege to be a volunteer in an environment that values every person for who and where they are in life's journey.
Thrift Store Volunteers
Front of Store: Sales Volunteers in the front of the store are the first faces customers see when entering the Family Thrift Store! This role includes engaging with customers, ringing up sales, and sparkling the sales floor. Please keep in mind that you will need to be comfortable being on your feet for a number of hours. This volunteer position is great for sociable, kind, welcoming individuals who are passionate about helping our customers have the best experience!
Back of Store: Donation Processing Volunteers placed at the back of the store primarily deal with receiving and sorting donations as they are collected. You get to be the face thanking our generous donors who drop off items for the store, and help us ensure the items going out on the floor look their best! This role includes receiving donations as they come in, sorting and pricing, then placing items on the sales floor. An eye for organization and the ability to lift larger donated items are a plus in this role.
Special Volunteer Needs On occasion, we will have need for volunteers with special skills, including carpentry, design or even driving our donation truck, Phil the Truck! If you have a special skill you’d like to contribute to the Family Thrift Store, please let us know.
For further information each of these positions, please contact Kimberly Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the meantime, you can visit the Family Thrift Store beginning Oct. 26th at 5406 N. Academy Blvd!
Pregnancy Center Client Advocate
Requirements: application, interview, initial volunteer training (14 hours), on-site training (self-paced), and a commitment to volunteer 2 – 4 times a month (4 hour day shifts or 2 hour evening shifts), or by special arrangement.
Pregnancy Center Locations:
- 3700 Galley Road, Colorado Springs, CO 80909
- 3925 N Centennial Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Requirements: application, interview, initial volunteer training (14 hours), in-house training (self-paced), and a commitment to volunteer four times a month, or by special arrangement. Those interested in volunteering in LifeSteps must have experience as a mother or father.
LifeSteps Baby Boutique/ Maternity Closet Volunteer
Requirements: application, interview, initial volunteer training (14 hours) recommended but not required, a regular time commitment of once a week is preferred.
Pregnancy Center Receptionist
Requirements: application, interview, initial volunteer training (14 hours) recommended but not required, on-site training, and a commitment to volunteer 2 to 4 times a month (4 hour day shifts most needed).
Pregnancy Center Medical Volunteer (RN’s, LPN’s, MA’s, Sonographers and Physicians)
- RN’s, LPN’s, PA’s – Perform pregnancy tests, do lay counseling with clients, facilitate medical referrals, answer related medical questions, facilitate follow-up on positive test clients, assist doctors and sonographers with ultrasound procedures, and provide medical support to callers. Requirements: current medical license, application, interview, initial volunteer training (14 hours), on-site training (self-paced), and a commitment of at least two shifts per month.
- Sonographers and Physicians – Perform ultrasounds and provide medical support to clients. Requirements: current license, application, interview, in-service orientation, and a commitment of at least one shift per month.
Facilitator for Bridges of Hope Post-Abortion Recovery Group
Requirements: application, interview, initial volunteer training (14 hours), participation/observation during one 9 week session, and attendance at occasional facilitators’ trainings.
Special Event Volunteer
Requirements: application, interview, and training (offered by the Events team) for the specific event where you choose to volunteer.
Requirements: brief ministry orientation, application, interview, and a commitment to two flexible shifts per month. Computer skills are helpful but not required.
Speaker for Education for a Lifetime
Requirements: application, interview, EFL speaker training and public speaking or teaching experience.
Requirements: Intercessors can commit to participate in the following ways: 1) pray on-site at Life Network one day a week with other intercessors, or 2) pray offsite daily for Life Network with the monthly prayer calendar or 3) Sign up to receive our weekly prayer requests. (Only our on-site intercessors require an application and an informal orientation/interview.)
Will I be trained before I start to volunteer?
Yes, training is important to us! Five times each year we offer a two-day volunteer training. Following that training there is additional in-house training specific to your volunteer position.
What qualifications do I need to volunteer?
- Both men and women of all ages volunteer at Life Network.
- Volunteers must be at least 21 years old to be in direct contact with clients.
- Our LifeSteps parenting program requires a minimum of two years parenting experience.
- Our Education for a Lifetime outreach is seeking EFL presenters willing to commit a minimum of 20 volunteer hours per semester. In addition, EFL needs medical professionals willing to offer their time to teach the medical piece of the PURSUE curriculum in local schools.
- In addition to having a heart to serve Life Network clients, every volunteer must pass a background check, agree to confidentiality and sign our Statement of Faith.
What are the volunteer opportunities at Life Network?
There are many ways to get involved, please see the “Opportunities” tab for further descriptions.
How do I sign up to volunteer?
Please complete the volunteer application online (all tabs of the application must be submitted separately.) Once references are received, you will be contacted to set up an interview at Life Network.
What is the time commitment?
We will work with you to determine the best fit with your schedule and our needs as a ministry. There are opportunities weekdays, weeknights and Saturday mornings.
Do you have opportunities for groups?
Yes! Most groups who volunteer at Life Network help in our administrative department or with our special events in June and October. Please contact us for more information.