The heightened anxiety our culture is facing due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) only amplifies opportunities for our Life Network team to share the peace that comes with knowing our Savior.
People in our city are still facing unexpected pregnancies and desperately need hope, care and support. Thanks to your generosity, and the courage of our team, our doors remain open to those in need. In fact, amid the Corona chaos, several lives have been saved these last two weeks! What happens in our pregnancy centers saves and transforms lives every day. While Planned Parenthood has reduced “non-essential” services, they continue to perform abortions in our city. Our staff is committed to remain open in order to provide a hope-filled alternative.
We continue to do our very best with the information we have to keep our staff, volunteers and clients as safe and healthy as possible. For our centers to remain open, here are a few notable adjustments we’ve made:
- We are pre-screening clients by phone and in person by asking a series of questions related to COVID-19. Clients, or anyone with them who are exhibiting symptoms, are being referred to appropriate outside healthcare professionals. We are also increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting.
- To reduce risk to our pregnancy center staff, we are focusing our efforts on clients with the most urgent needs. Each center is operating at a partially reduced schedule. See our pregnancy center website for full details. To continue to be there for our parenting clients, we have moved our one-on-one coaching to “telecoaching” via video or phone; please pray as we work through the technological challenges of this.
- We are not accepting material donations for LifeSteps at this time. Please check back with us after April 1st, when we hope to resume accepting your much-needed and appreciated donations in person. In the meantime, we have set up a virtual store on Amazon where you can continue to give new items our moms most urgently need. You’ll find that store here: https://amzn.to/2Usbcb1
- In light of retail locations closing nationwide, we too have temporarily closed the Life Network Family Thrift Store to both customers and donations until further notice. We are working on a limited virtual store for certain items; be on the look out for more information on that in the days ahead.
- While we love giving tours of our centers where God does amazing things every day, to be cautious we are suspending all tours for now. If you are interested, we look forward to hosting you in the weeks to come!
- The Walk for Life remains planned for June 6th, whether through our in-person event or as a virtual event, if necessary. We are working on creative ideas, while praying we can assemble live. Lord willing, it can be a celebration of life and lives returning to some level of normalcy.
I am proud of the level of peace throughout our staff and volunteers in the face of this uncertainty. Would you please pray for us as we continue to monitor the latest guidance from health officials and make further adjustments as necessary? Know that we are praying for you and our city as well.
If you wish to support us financially as we continue to be there for clients in need, even in the face of the Coronavirus, we would be grateful. You can do so by clicking HERE.
Our prayer and our goal through these uncertain times is to live out Isaiah 41:10: Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
Grace on you all,
President | CEO